Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Music

I know you people who read this blog think that I had quit "I Hate the Yankees" However I have developed a new interests. Music. The first taste I ever had with r+b, jazz and soul was a greatest hits album for the four tops. (Aka the greatest album of all time) I discovered it because it was blue. I listened to the first song "I'll Be There" Which is the 14Th greatest song of all time and the miracle
song. The greatest song of all time: (It's so special it deserves it's own line)
Standing In The Shadows Of Love.
I heard some more but here are the 10 best songs of all time

10:Respect (Aretha Franklin)
9:Sitting on the doc of the bay (Otis Redding)
8:When something is wrong with my baby (Sam+Dave)
7:Doin' the funky chicken (Rufus Thomas)
6:Strutting with some barbecue (Louis Armstrong)
5:Wonderful World (Sam Cooke)
4:Respect (Otis Redding)
3:Soul Man (Sam+Dave)
2:I can't help myself (The Four Tops)
1:Standin' in the shadows of love.

3 comments:

Jake Stein said...

Well Sam, Great post. You forgot "Good Bait" though. My "Best All Time Songs" are:
10- Standing in the shadows of love 9- Struttin' with some barbeque 8- Good Bait 7- My Favorite Things 5- Halloluyah I love her so 4-Georgia on my mind 3- Hit the road jack 2- What a wonderful world 1- Sweet Potato Pie 10000000000879835475845793458753945857394587- Surfin Bird

Jake Stein said...

Reaplace 9 with "Garys Song". Put 10 at 9.

Sam said...

I'll half to redo that.
10. Respect-Otis Redding
9. Ain't too proud to beg-The Temptations
8. Georgia on my mind-Ray Charles
7. Respect-Aretha Franklin
6. My Girl-Otis Redding
5. My Girl-The Temptations
4. I want you back-Jackson 5
3. I'll be there-Jackson 5
2. Sittin' on the dock of the bay-Otis Redding
1. Change is gonna come-Sam Cooke